Welcome to the homepage of the perldoc 2.0 project on sourceforge.
The aims of this project are:
- to provide a common platform/repository for the creation and integration of localized versions (translations) of the documentation for the programming language Perl, starting with the "core" documents (perl.*.pod).
- to make these documents (including the english version) as accessible, extensible, and comprehensive as possible.
- to make these documents part of the regular Perl distribution.
- to provide an easy-to-use interface to the multilingual versions of the documentation.
This website is not yet complete, so please come back soon and check for updates.
All translated versions produced as part of this project will be released under the Artistic License, that is, you may use and redistribute them under the same terms as perl itself.
If you are involved in any aspect of the translation of the Perl documentation, please contact the project maintainer.
Your contribution can be a great help!
Existing translation projects:
- Brasilian Portuguese (SF)
- Esperanto (CPAN)
- Italian (SF)
- Japanese (SF Japan)
- Lithuanian (CPAN, dicontinued)
- Spanish (SF)
- Turkish (SF, discontinued)
The camel picture was taken by Nick Fraser in 2004. Title: Camel, Wadi Rum. The original can be found on wikipedia.
perldoc 2.0 © 2006 by Joergen W. Lang